Whether you’re an expert or an amateur Blackjack is a suave Casino Classic perfect for all types of player. The beauty of this fast-paced, skill-based card game is in its simplicity and the ease with which new players can jump straight in. Blackjack has captured the hearts and minds of players worldwide since the 17th century and is played across the world by millions of players daily.
With the growth of online gaming it is now available to more players than ever before and when using SportPesa Mobile Casino you can play Blackjack and all our other outstanding casino games using your tablet, smartphone or computer whenever you want. If you are looking for a highly exciting, yet modest card game that provides hours of gaming entertainment, top notch graphics and a lifelike casino experience Blackjack is the perfect game for you.
Blackjack Varieties Available at SportPesa
As the world’s most popular table game, no casino is complete without a wide range of Blackjack variants. At SportPesa Casino you’ll find a fantastic selection on offer, you can choose from:
- Atlantic City Blackjack Gold: With smooth gameplay and sleek design this Microgaming variant demonstrates the classic nature of Blackjack with single hand playing
- Blackjack Multi-Hand: Wager on up to 3 hands at high speed, this is a great choice of Blackjack table for those looking to test their skills. Table limits are from £1 to 100.
- Blackjack Single Deck: This elegant table offers stunning graphics, simple gameplay and bets of £1-100. This is a great table for beginners.
- Classic Blackjack Gold: Classic Blackjack with rich graphics and sounds, this table offers higher limits of £1-200.
- High Limit European Blackjack: Designed for high rollers with betting limits from £20-1,000, this table is a crowd pleaser for those seeking big wins at a European Blackjack table.
Along with being one of the most popular Blackjack is also one of the highest paying casino tables. With RTPs of between 98-99%, you won’t find a more generous game than Blackjack.
SportPesa members can log in and start playing instantly for real money and rewards or if you would rather spend some time trying out of different variants and finding your perfect match, play in demo mode first. If you are not yet a member find out how to become one instantly with our easy signup steps.
Getting Started With Blackjack
The aim of the game is simply to get 21, without going over and by beating the dealer’s hand. As a game of skill, strategy and high thrills, players will need to engage strategic thinking in their betting to achieve the most rewarding results.
In online Blackjack you only play against the dealer, therefore, the amount you bet will depend on the likely outcome of the dealer’s hand in comparison to the strength of yours. Winning pays out 1:1, unless you get Blackjack. Blackjack is the highest hand in the game; made up of a face card or 10 and an ace it totals 21 instantly with 2 cards and pays 3:2.
- Stand: You stand when you have reached a total as close to 21 as you can and want to stop playing your hand. After you stand the dealer will play their hand.
- Hit: After your first 2 cards are dealt you can hit to receive another card for free, you can hit multiple times.
- Split: When your first two cards match in rank you can split them and play two hands. You will have to add a stake matching the original amount to the new hand.
- Bust: This happens when your total card count goes over 21. When you are bust, the dealer instantly wins the round.
You’ll start by getting two cards; the dealer will also get two cards, one face up. You will play your hand first, hitting for new cards and standing when you are as close as possible to 21, but remember, don’t go bust, challenge your skills and play strategically.
There are some basic tips that always hold true for Blackjack and knowing them before you get started will improve your playing experience:
- Always hit if your first two cards are 11 or less.
- Always stand on 17 or above.
- Always split Aces and 8s. Never on 5s or 10s.
Each Blackjack game may have slightly different rules or extra moves such as Insurance, Surrender and Double, so make sure you always check the variants rules and paytable before you start playing, but now you have the basics you’re ready to get started.